PDA

View Full Version : Protected PDf - Need Help.

MystikMusikEnt
15 Apr 2011, 07:05 AM
Hello,

I've created a website for my Entertainment company, and we've just about finished the first issue of our digital magazine, but I really need help with protecting the pdf. I don't want to go with external server solutions, and can't afford the DRM that costs hundreds, and even thousands of dollars.

I've come up with a basic idea of what I need, but I'm open to other solutions.

My ideas goes like this it's basic, and doesn't offer a lot of protection, but the problem is I don't know much about any of the languages I'd have to use, and just started playing around with them..

1) Customer comes across the magazine product in the store, and purchases it.
2)They get access to a form.
-They fill out Name, Last Name, Password.
3)When they press the submit button on the form this information is passed into an XML document or some other way of holding the information. Also a serial is taken from a list of serials, maybe a txt. file with lines of serials, and that is also inserted into the XML document.
4)The user is e-mailed a serial and link to log in screen.
5)They go to the log in screen
-enter name, last name, password, and supplied serial.
6)When they press login the XML document is checked to match the information if the information is right Htaccess is used to redirect them to a protected url with the pdf embedded. Naturaly the file can't be edited, downloaded, or anything of the such..

This is just using elements that I've heard about and feel could help, but have no idea how to even create them...

is there anyone that can point me in the right direction. Maybe even a free membership script, for creating a membership area could be the first step, or a even an app of some sort, or script that's already been made for this in mind...

even other ideas like an easier format to protect other than pdf..

thanks.