PDA

View Full Version : Help me at least... get started :/ ?

scatonu
18 Apr 2011, 01:17 AM
I will try to provide as much detail in specifications as I can.
1. I have basic html knowledge (the basic section on the w3schools tutorial)
2. I would like to do this solo on my own

I have designed a layout as the framework for my entire site on Photoshop in the form of one page: my menu/homepage. This was done it Photoshop at a 1000x603 resolution.

Just there is where I will start: the resolution.
As viewers go through my site I would like the 'body' to expand and extend to fit.
e.g. If my button is directed towards my forum page and the previous page was signifigantly smaller, it should expand.

As may have already imagined, it is going to be very 'animated-like' as in the movement of the site will consist of sliding, easing in/out in size, (fading in/out of buttons when mouse-over), all that funky stuff, but the advertisement bar at the bottom will remain stationary as will the logo/other buttons at the top. Much like my school's sliding function, comparable to 'changing channels': http://http://online.mentonegrammar.net/

The buttons in the body will be almost identical as well (in terms of animation/mouse-over effect). And the 'changing channel' effect will be promoted with large arrow bars on each side of the body, which I would also like to be moved around in accordance with the body, but should remain on the left and right sides.

The difference will be that pages would have to load as the channel buttons are clicked.

My website will also be highly database orientated.

Things I don't know:
I don't know what web languages to use specifically, and if I did... I wouldn't know how to use them (but then I could google tutorials)

I don't know how to export my photoshop art (even if I have to do each layer/merged group individually), and how to paste it in the exact place I want, keeping the original text in place but obviously in a search-friendly form

I would go through the w3 course thing one-by-one, but that would take forever and I would like to learn the languages as I implement them, and maybe once the website is finished to an adequate state I will go back--'revise' everything

I know i'm missing something... Just general advice is needed I guess :/?

---

Things to note, I have Dreamweaver CS5 and Photoshop CS5 extended.

scatonu
18 Apr 2011, 03:21 AM
I just figured out for my sliding/expanding, i need an AJAX call or something.