View Full Version : Help! What is this is called?

28 Apr 2011, 02:05 AM
I'm starting up a ecommerce site and wanted a floating/static part of the home page (or even all throughout the website) that will have my facebook, twitter or even mailing list to be shown. The website here http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/ you will see that the bottom is always constant and also has bit of a 3d/popup style...
Anyone know what this is called? I know back in the days it was like "frames" but this actually isn't boxed shape but has a curvy design too which makes it have more of a "how did they do that " effect.. hopefully its a easy coding and i can adjust width height images etc..

07 May 2011, 01:55 PM
I would call it a fixed or static footer bar. Not to be confused with sticky footers though.