PDA

View Full Version : Need website code for simple looped video playback ..

ahmadka
15 May 2011, 08:53 AM
Hi guys .. I'm making this little teaser website for a concept, and I've never really programmed for anything web-based so need some help ...

What I'm trying to is have a webpage on which in the center there is just a video playing in a loop (i.e. when the video finishes it starts playing again) .. The video file which would be played is stored on the web host server ... I know what you're thinking, that I can probably upload the video to youtube or something and get the embedding code to do the job (minus the looping feature probably), but here's what I also want: The player should have NO controls on the webpage .. That is, no play/pause buttons, no volume up/down, mute, fullscreen buttons, etc .. Also ideally speaking, there should be no player border (like in the concept design picture below) .. Only the video itself should be visible with no controls for any kind of interactivity whatsoever ..

Here is a concept picture of what I'm aiming for (a simple webpage with nothing but a black background and a video playing in the middle with no buttons or controls of any kind):

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/9305/conceptl.jpg

The picture above shows a frame of one of the videos I plan to use ..

Can someone maybe point me to some quick code which does what I want here ? I've tried making a player using Adobe Dreamweaver but the SWF player comes with mandatory control buttons which I don't want ..