PDA

View Full Version : How can I create embedded RSS similar to this site - Example Shown

joebrugess
15 May 2011, 02:46 PM
Hi,

I've just started learning about RSS and XML yesterday so please forgive me if my question is basic. I've gotten to the point where I've created a XML file which is the source of my RSS feed. I've been able to use third party tools to embed it into my webpage but I am very limited on how the embedding appears.

There is a site which has done it very well and I would like to replicate it. You can view it here:

http://www.myservice.com/cart_controller.php?m=testimonials

It appears that have Google Map with the XML feed applied as an overlay. Below the map they have what appears to be the same feed formatted very cleanly.

My question is are the simply embedding their XML feed somehow into the page or are they manually entering the HTML code for the individual reviews listed below the map? If they are embedding it how are they getting it be formatted the way it appears? This is something that will be update on almost a daily basis so I'm trying to figure a way to avoid manually updating the code each day. Ideally, I would create something similar and when the XML file is updated so the reviews would be as well.

Thanks