PDA

View Full Version : Pro Chat Rooms (Multiple users, one computer)

PsionicArchon
17 May 2011, 01:24 AM
I have been working with a few other people in setting up a chat room whilst floating around the idea of doing the same for my site, which has led me to this highly inexpensive chat server solution. They are using the chat server, which allows for multiple rooms mind you, to host a main forum chat, with several smaller role playing oriented rooms. At times, the nature of role playing requires one user to log in under multiple accounts via the same computer, however, the instant they attempt to their other user sessions are either closed or replaced instantly.

I have been sifting through variable, after variable within the php code its self to no avail.. it at first appeared to have something to do with a cookie the program was creating, once augmented the other users could log in twice without receiving a log in error but their previous accounts were still kicked.

I was, until this problem surfaced, considering purchasing this software for my site as well do to its price per functionality value rate. I have since then reconsidered that proposal, at least until someone helps me resolve this problem.

To summarize this, I need to be able to log into pro chat rooms under multiple guest accounts from the same computer, or sign up and log in with multiple accounts on the same computer, without my other accounts being kicked by the server. The, $_SESSION variable seems to be the culprit..