PDA

View Full Version : Nav questions... database? java?

thenrz
18 May 2011, 04:26 PM
Hello all,

Read the 'before you post' post:

1. Decent skill level. I've good in HTML and CSS, and have run a few forum websites based on phpbb. I'm no master at anyone of these, but I know enough to make a decent webpage.
2. This is for my job. www.dimensionengineering.com (not trying to advertise or anything, just the example) The site itself functions just fine, but since I've taken over it has gotten really silly to maintain. When a new product is released, every page must be edited. Also, the way it is coded doesn't leave a lot for modification without really getting into it. It's pretty closed up, and I get really frustrated with the way things were aligned. Moving one thing skews everything, and normally I can find a way around that....but not this time!
3. I don't have anything final when it comes to design. I'm still trying to gather ideas on how to have a dynamic(right word?) menu that I can have in one place and is referenced by each html page. The site itself needs a good overhaul, and the nav is where I want to start as it seems that's the best place to.

I think those 3 answers there was a good start. I really need some ideas on how to do this. If its database driven, recommend a good book to me as I have a lot I need to learn there.

Thanks so much for reading.

Alex