PDA

View Full Version : Web Designer - Hosting and Domain Dilemma

robbieball
27 May 2011, 08:05 PM
G'day, so basically my problem is i am going to be starting a web design business at the end of the year, and I am going to be targetting small businesses. These people are not likely to have a solid understanding of the process of how a website is made and then how it is put online, so everyone can see it.
So what i want to offer is a full start to finish solution where I make the website, organise hosting and also a domain.

At this stage, I have 3 options:

A)
Hosting: Reseller hosting so that I can delegate hosting to clients and monitor it.
Domain Registration: sign the client up to a domain through a 3rd-party resgistrar, in their name of course.

B) Get a reseller package where I have a site that is run by a 3rd party for both hosting and domains. That way all the customer service is done by the 3rd party organisation and I just get a cut of the price.

C) Just become an affiliate of a 3rd party site and receive a cut when i refer my clients. problem being that i can't set prices and have direct access to their cPanel and domain settings without permission etc.

So what do you think?

Is there an option D???

Thanks very much for your time,
RB

paullopez
28 May 2011, 04:37 AM
You should purchase a reseller hosting plan, which allows you to sell hosting plans under your own brand name. Your primary web host will remain behind the screen to provide you free technical support.

In addition, you can also sign up web hosting affiliate program along with reseller hosting. So in case, if you get a customer whose requirements you cannot handle with your reseller hosting account, and you don't want to miss the opportunity to earn money, then you can refer your primary web host name for such client.