PDA

View Full Version : What should I use? (New Website)

Vapour1ze
29 May 2011, 08:52 PM
I normally use a CSS Xhtml Template, but I have webhosting now that supports joomla etc etc,

Now heres what I'm trying to do,

I go on a lot of fishing trips locally, with friends, I want to be able to host pictures, videos, and stories and have all descriptionized into groups like

Fox River (sheridan area) may 12th 2011 and then click on it , and have a bunch of videos and pictures and info come up,,,,

and on a home page I want a featured slide show, maybe a video, description of the site etc, what is my best bet to use...

Joomla looks amazing but I really have no idea how to use it and really want a nice theme if I use joomla but dont know how to integrate videos and pictures etc...

Anyone willing to spend some time with me on this project I would really appreciate it ,

FreshpageDesign
30 May 2011, 03:30 AM
You can definitely achieve all that with Joomla. Look at the allvideos extension for the videos. It might be a good idea to host them on Youtube to save server bandwidth. There are loads of gallery extensions too. You can browse for possible extensions here:

http://extensions.joomla.org/