PDA

View Full Version : Which development language should I use for this

kossde
31 May 2011, 04:13 PM
I work in a call center and utilize an application that allows me to view the current call metrics of call center agents. I wrote a VB.net application that, when placed on a server can take the call metrics every 10 seconds or so and store them onto a text file that is then converted to an html document. I added an auto refresh to the HTML document so that the call center agents can open that html document from anywhere on the domain and view their current call metrics.

The problem is- because the html document has a client-side refresh, if I have more than 10 people or so launching the html document at once, it starts to error out because the html document is in use (refreshing on a computer) at the same time that the server is updating the html source code.

Is there any web development languages out there that will let me either force refreshes from the server or stream the information in real time? I don't need specific instructions, but I do need a direction.

If this is the wrong forum, I apologize. I don't usually post threads. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

jacksamwhite
01 Jun 2011, 04:08 AM
May be JSp will help you out. Try using JSP for server side scripting.