PDA

View Full Version : looking for advice on setting up a video based website

leftcoastal
11 Jun 2011, 12:40 PM
I'd like to setup a video site that can both host videos from say Amazon's S3 as well as embed Youtube video's. Is this possible?

The idea is to minimize server space and still build a community around like minded hikers,bikers,etc..Something a bit more focused than say Youtube. The template or layout used in the below site is very much what I'd like to achieve.
http://www.dailymotion.com/us

I'd prefer to use Joomla or Wordpress since both have big user communities and I am a beginner with more time than money. However I am open minded to other options if they're user friendly. The main thing I'd like to build into the site is a strong archival system and a user database for uploading video and pics. Does anyone know of platforms that have plugins like this? any help would be much appreciated!

jacksamwhite
13 Jun 2011, 03:37 AM
It is great to use Wordpress for your website. Wordpress will give you better way to customize your video website according to your need and ease. But I would strongly recommend you to have custom development for making your website similar to Dailymotion.