PDA

View Full Version : Website for email address Dbase creation/maintenance and sending emails

Warship
11 Jun 2011, 03:33 PM
I’m hoping for a little directional advice for the following project:

I need to develop a website for email address entry. This website will only be used by company employees and accessed only with IE. The company has 25 locations. There will be four email address categories: Prospect, Current, Past and Friend. After email entry I need to send out a series of emails.

The addresses need to migrate list to list, such that: When an address is entered as a Prospect, the Prospect emails start. When the Prospect becomes a customer she is moved to the Current list and the Current email series starts. Likewise when a customer is no longer a customer, he moves to the Past list and the Past email series starts. The Friend list will only be used for special events and does not migrate.

So… should I have a separate page for each location or maybe one page with a dropdown and a login?

Would it be better to have one big database or 4 smaller ones per location or maybe one huge database to keep all 25 locations?

Are there any web tools available to handle the emailing?

The list migration can be done manually. I’m hoping to fully automate the emailing process.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

I’m not new to programming, but I am new to HTML and by the looks of this forum it will become an invaluable source for my learning curve.

R.

Warship
14 Jun 2011, 03:38 PM
Can anyone help?