PDA

View Full Version : What is an addon domain?

hostgator12
18 Jan 2012, 07:22 PM
An addon domain is a fully functional domain that can be created from within your control panel. Think of it as having multiple hosting packages all sharing the same control panel. You can give them email addresses, forwarders, and more the same way you do for your main domain on the account.

The addon domain will appear as a totally separate domain from your primary domain. There should be no evidence that your domain is an addon domain to incoming traffic when they visit your addon domain.

Regards,
Support Team
HOSTGATOR INDIA

frhorton
19 Jan 2012, 04:54 AM
An Addon domain is a new, unique website hosted in a new folder on your account.

hostgator12
23 Jan 2012, 12:44 PM
addon domain features is good for those who wants to host multiple website. as from single Cpanel you can manage multiple website

electra
04 Apr 2012, 03:22 PM
I have not much knowledge. I am using hostgator for hosting my some sites and in cpanel it provide me option to add more than one main domain... so, this is the add on domain service for me. am I right?

hostgator12
18 Apr 2012, 06:04 AM
Thank you all for posting..!! :)

riksworld
18 Apr 2012, 06:52 AM
An addon domain is a fully functional domain that can be created from within your control panel. Think of it as having multiple hosting packages all sharing the same control panel. You can give them email addresses, forwarders, and more the same way you do for your main domain on the account.

gentryliving
19 Apr 2012, 07:51 PM
An Addon domain is a new, unique website hosted in a new folder on your account.