PDA

View Full Version : Need help in input data from barcode to textbox then move cursor to next textbox

newphpbees
02 May 2012, 07:51 PM
Hi..

I need to input data in my textbox by scanning barcode then the data will input to textbox then the cursor focus move to next textbox until it goes to last textbox then save data.

How is it possible?

I'm not familiar with ajax :(

I am right that ajax code will do it?

here is my sample code:

<?php
error_reporting(0);
date_default_timezone_set("Asia/Singapore"); //set the time zone
$con = mysql_connect('localhost', 'root','');

if (!$con) {
echo 'failed';
die();
}
mysql_select_db("mes", $con);
?>

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript" >

// this variable says how many characters you allow
// to input in each textbox
var input_size = 3;

function checkTextBox( ct )
{
var tab = ct.tabIndex;

if ( ct.value.length == input_size )
{
for(i=0; i<document.barcode.elements.length; i++)
{
if( document.barcode.elements[i].tabIndex == (tab+1) )
{
document.barcode.elements[i].focus();
break;
}
}
}
};

</script>

</head>
<body onLoad="document.barcode.code_read_box1.focus();">
<form name="barcode" >
<input type="text" tabindex="1" id="code_read_box1" value="" onKeyPress="checkTextBox(this);"/><br/>
<input type="text" tabindex="2" id="code_read_box2" value="" onKeyPress="checkTextBox(this);"/><br/>
<input type="text" tabindex="3" id="code_read_box3" value="" onKeyPress="checkTextBox(this);"/><br/>
<input type="text" tabindex="4" id="code_read_box4" value="" onKeyPress="checkTextBox(this);"/><br/>
<input type="text" tabindex="5" id="code_read_box5" value="" onKeyPress="checkTextBox(this);"/><br/>
<input type="text" tabindex="6" id="code_read_box6" value="" onKeyPress="checkTextBox(this);"/><br/>
</form>
</body>

</html>

In that code I use javascript, but the problem in my code is it move to another textbox after i input 3 characters but it did not what I want because i need to use barcode instead of keyboard.

I hope somebody can help me.

Thank you so much

taylorABCDE
19 Nov 2012, 02:28 AM
have you ever tried some software of excel barcode add-in , maybe it will be helpful.

david miller
16 Jan 2013, 03:51 AM
Yes, I also think you can easily solve this problem by operating this process in the Excel. The barcode generator for Excel (http://www.barcodelib.com/excel_barcode/main.html) can connect the cells with data to barcode images and when you change the data of the cell, the linked barcode image will be automatically updated.