PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Flash Vs. Java Applet

FreeWebGoods
18 Jul 2012, 10:59 AM
What are the pros & cons between both website applications?

Versatility
Usability
Compatibility
Flexibility
Awesomebility

How effective is a Decompiler?
I know that Flash can easily be configured so nothing can be imported without a password, however Java can be coded with private classes to help prevent Decompilation.

Reason
I'm looking into transforming some of the Flash applications I use and working with Java Applets. I don't want to use JavaScript since the code isn't really that secure and I don't want folks to really have a chance to copy what I made. There are a few reasons why I want to convert, mainly for compatibility means. I would like to have the applications I made to show up in many browsers, especially those on the portable devices such as the I-Pad or even a Blackberry (specifically the Torch version). I would also want the plug-in to be much more "common" to download, since Java has a long history with the computer machine. I worked with creating Java Applets before; it's much easier to place on the website than the Adobe Flash code.

So what are your thoughts on Java Applets and/or Adobe Flash? I would like to hear about your experiences with either program. :)

ailsa
06 Dec 2012, 08:49 PM
I do not agree with you. I think Java is the best one.