PDA

View Full Version : Creating blog with PHP and MySQL - Search Engine readable

Ankur
07 Dec 2012, 12:19 PM
I want to create a blog in a clinic website, where one user will post various articles and stuff.
I can create this easily with PHP but I don't know how to optimize this blog. Basically the user wants to attract traffic from the contents of this blog.
The problem is that when he writes the article and submits it then should I store those contents in the database or on the page itself?? I mean if I store it in the DB then will the search engine read the contents?? I know that when the page is opened then the data will be retrieved from the DB.
Hope my question is understandable? Please reply. I know the technique to build it, but just want to know the storage thing.

Pixel Eden
22 Dec 2012, 04:06 PM
As long as the content that is stored in the database is displayed on a page on your website then google should be able to crawl it.

However might I suggest going with a pre-made blog such as WordPress as this will give you far better optimization then a bespoke hand programmed one as google already knows how to crawl a wordpress blog.

khayhurst
29 Jan 2013, 02:31 AM
Agreed. Wordpress has good SEO already and then there are also free SEO plugins such as Wordpress SEO by Yoast iss pretty good and kind of scores your post for SEO and gives you hints on how to improve it. Creating a blog from scratch I think would be unnecessary.

aman1
29 Jan 2013, 03:10 AM
Thanks for sharing the information .