PDA

View Full Version : Exploring Design Myths

Rash
20 Dec 2012, 05:56 AM
Hey friends,

Hope you all are doing well. Much has been written and said about the prospering profession of Web Designing but most of us fail to even notice the common misconceptions associated with it. With my research and study on the field, I have penned down some popular common myths (http://www.webdesignfact.com/2012/12/common-mythologies-surrounding-website.html) associated with Web Design in my article. Do you think you have some more to contribute?

Cheers

Maneet Puri

johnbblack423
21 Dec 2012, 01:06 AM
You did great job man, I think one of the most thing I like is "Web Design= Visual Design + Informational Design + Interaction Design" ... great blog posts.

Thanks for sharing. :)

rajnish
16 Jan 2013, 11:42 PM
These are some good points for exploring the web myths are :
1.Blind use of Flash will do well
2.Colors all over the website is a friendly option
3.Use of limited imagery
4.Design just deals with website Look n’ Feel
5.Homepage is what all matter

Morningwalker
05 Feb 2013, 12:00 AM
Doing something creative, people are inclined to think, needs the freshness and exuberance of youth. But it would seem there are two types of creativity – conceptual and experimental. Some designers, the conceptual ones, do their best work early in their careers while others, the experimental ones, develop over time. So good ideas have nothing to do with age. And that’s that.

Frank
07 Feb 2013, 09:02 PM
Do you think you have some more to contribute?

I would think that the biggest misconception under business owners nowadays is that a Facebook page is a substitute for a professional website.

lancestrom
08 Feb 2013, 06:09 AM
all social media sites are used to show the latest update on their website,blog etc.,

domhost3
19 Feb 2013, 06:06 AM
Hey..This is really cool..I am sure most of us do this in common.And i must thank you for making me understand well about these myths.This would be very helpful for each website designer.