PDA

View Full Version : The Over Optimization Penalty by Google is a Blunder

jacksamwhite
07 Jan 2013, 03:58 AM
There has been one topic that has never failed to be incendiary, heated, circular and seemingly endless in SEO. Blackhat vs Whitehat SEO.What it is, who is the good guy and who’s the bad guy and what techniques fall into which category. Recently introduced over optimization penalty is a blunder. To know more read this post: http://bob.blikini.com/Googles-Blunder-The-Over-Optimization-Penalty

kathygreen
07 Jan 2013, 05:29 AM
Yeah I read your post. But what is the blunder if Google wants to stop spamming??

Pixel Eden
07 Jan 2013, 08:53 AM
The blunder is the way in which Google does it. It's a paradox, in order to get a popular site you need to have a popular site otherwise people can't find your site.

In terms of Black hat vs White hat SEO there's not really much to it. There's no set line when it comes to defining which is which. Technically if you had any part in creating a back link to your website then you are committing Black hat SEO.

Unfortunately google is what they describe themselves as. Popularity judges, which means like in High School the cool kids are cool and the uncool kids aren't worth anything.

Maximlis
08 Jan 2013, 01:35 AM
I don't think it's a blunder. Google is only trying to remove spam from the search engine.

jacksamwhite
08 Jan 2013, 05:33 AM
I think Pixel Eden has answered kathygreen's question in detail. Google wants to remove spamy websites from its search results, it is appreciable but the way they decide (Recent update of algorithms) it is blunder.