Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Where to get photos for web design?

leinoffshoring Guest
    But not all images in deviant art are free right? Can they charge you with copyright infringement if you use their images, even if it doesn't have any watermark on it?

I am facing the same problem here. In most of the cases sites demand a good amount of price for using their images or at least we have to get registered which is all the most nagging but there is hardly any alternative there.

johnyoung Guest
    I use Official Psd to get my stock images and photos i need for a website

Always follow the rule: if you didn't make it - it's not yours. IF / BEFORE you buy it - read the terms.

Hi

Try istock.com they have thousands of images and they are quite reasonably priced too.

I understand why you'd be worried if you were building up some kind of massive website that would be viewed by thousands each day but most of us guys here are just working on small projects and so I don't think the owners of the pictures would want/expect any money - its just good manners to let them know...

Oh and Hi! My first post

Well, there are too many ways of getting photos for the web designing like you can download from the internet and you can also makes photos by own but the important thing is that the photo should be related to your website design and its theme, it means that the photos should reflect the whole idea of your website...

The biggest thing is don't steal other people's work.

Its not free but Web Designer magazine usually comes with a disc and has some pretty good pictures every month

Smile Sources for Web Photos

You'll need to subscribe to some sites.

I use fotosearch.com or clipart.com the most. It's really important to get royalty free photos as you don't want to get your site banned for breach of copyright.

[URL="http://www.makeyourownwebsiteeasy.com"]
    Last edited by AndyTC; 28 Feb 2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Wrong smiley used didn't mean to kiss another guy!

http://www.sxc.hu is a good stock photo site. Generally, the restrictions are that you can't integrate the photos into a logo or use them in explicit material. Search StumbleUpon.com for "Stock Photos" and you'll find a myriad of resources.

istockphotos.com Went here. Nothing showing. Nothing has been uploaded.

OnsiteStudio Guest

Where to get the photo for website

Dear, you can also give it a try to find royalty free images at corbis

[Moderator edit - No signatures / advertising for non-established members.]

Like a few posters have mentioned istockphoto.com are very good and are very affordable
    Web Design Blackpool, UK - Sign up to my free monthly newsletter for web tips and advice
    One Page Web Design

Hey,
    Here are some suggestions.
    1.First search in Google by jotting down the keywords, 'free stock photos'. Go thru then and follow the
    instructions.
    2. You can also search by name 'cheap stock photo' or 'low cost stock images'.

I hope this will help you solve the problem.

Dewan Shuvo, Tradexcel Graphics.

Try this site. Most of the photos here are royalty free with minor conditions for use. www.sxc.hu/home

www.sxc.hu has good quality royalty free images that you can download for free

If you don't mind paying a few dollars for images then try iStockPhoto and VivoZoom. They even have warranties that cover you up to a set amount if you get sued for using their images. If you are looking for free images then try Stock.XCHNG, StockVault and OpenPhoto.

Quote Originally Posted by boywonder27 View Post
    I am looking for photos to add to new websites I am designing. I am against taking someone else photos and using them for my self. So where can I get some for free use or a small royalty fee?
    You can search it on google! there are lots of free photos to add your website!

Quote Originally Posted by colorexperts View Post
    You can search it on google! there are lots of free photos to add your website!
    He said he doesn't want to take someone else's photos, and using Google image search to source photos is exactly that.