Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Where to get photos for web design?

I didn't read through everybody, but I sometimes compete at pxleyes.com and they have a nice little selection of royalty free stock images that users have donated. I also get some from morguefile and some from wikicommons just make sure you check the photo to see if the user has put any restrictions on it. Some people like just a heads up you are using there work, others don't care.

zimouras Guest
    Try this one mate...

http://www.easy-share.com/1910103700...ion_images.zip

Soon there will be more uploads

Vectorwire.com Guest
    I use fotolia.com. I have found them to be the cheapest place for stock photos. You can also google for free photos and maybe find some cool stuff.

Webdesigngirl Guest
    You can change the settings in google images search to display only photos that you can use. You may have to double check these but that is one idea.

quick search in Google or bing will find you thousands of sites but most are just scrapers that grab sites that might get you in trouble.

best option is to grab some photos from istckphoto and professionally redesign and add to as needed

Quote Originally Posted by dk01 View Post
    I am guessing you mean free stock photos and not animattions and stuff. If you do a search on google for "free stock photos" you will find some places that will let you use them. Just be careful about reading the Conditions of Use. If you go to all inclusive vacations they also have a stock photo section.
    -dk
    What an awesome site for art. Thanks a bunch for the share.

Cheers.

Last edited by SamTHorn; 16 Jun 2010 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apok View Post
    try http://photos.com they have a load of royalty-free stock photos for people to use.
    Perfect. Thanks a bunch...

I try to take photo from WWW.Websitetemplates.bz

omniscope Guest
    The best place I found is www.image-reseller.com
    They have a 25 free pack to see what they are like
    plus you can download the thumbnails too.

Great photos at a resonable price. Plus they come
    with resale rights and/or private label right.

I like it because they are very flexible with their
    photos.

We use istockphoto.com. Their photos are good and very reasonable. For web resolution, you won't spend more than $3 or $4 on a single image.

No. 237 Peters Road Gopalapuram Chennai 600086

Check out this link - It lists the top 25 free stock photo sites... Enjoy!

http://www.digitalimagemagazine.com/...k-photo-sites/

iahnalcantara is offline New Member: Posts Will Be Moderated
    If you really want some good images and pics for your website design. Flickr.com i think would be the best. I signed up and some emails were passed to me with some good quality images depending on your preference.

wade is offline New Member: Posts Will Be Moderated
    Photographs are a great way to dress up a website. They add color and liveliness to pages and are just fun. But unless you're a professional stock photographer, chances are you don't have a lot of photos of anything except your family, friends, vacations, and pets. But don't despair, there are lots of ways to get photos for Web pages.Flickr and Other Online Photo Sharing Sites

A best website designing

I am guessing you when you start your website you don't looking image other. This is the duplicate way. Off course u create new image for your website and it's easy to u because u are graphic design.

Clipping Path, Clipping Paths, enjoy this.

I usually use:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ca...res_and_images
    http://www.sxc.hu/home

They are good and usually without copyrights.

Thumbs up Google image search!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Apok View Post
    i got it from google image search
    it may be copyrighted but im sure if you ask for permission from whoever owns it then you would probably be able to use it
    Ya, google image search can give you the right choice for your taste also you can get a huge variety of images here

Quote Originally Posted by contusvideo View Post
    Ya, google image search can give you the right choice for your taste also you can get a huge variety of images here
    Just be sure to ask for permission. I had a large t-shirt company (Ouray Sportswear) steal one of my images and make a t-shirt from it. The only way I knew was, I happened to be in a t-shirt shop in Tombstone Arizona and I saw a shirt with my image on it!! I talked to the vice president and he told me that the designer must have gotten the image from google images. I had to contact a lawyer.