Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to get photos for web design?

Quote Originally Posted by boywonder27 View Post
    I am looking for photos to add to new websites I am designing. I am against taking someone else photos and using them for my self. So where can I get some for free use or a small royalty fee?
    Ok i agree not good to steal other peoples ideas and designs but... you could make your own pretty easily, adobe has some very good programs that do great work and if your willing to pay a small fee ($500 or so) to purchase some of adobes graphic desginning programs for websites/ images get fireworks cs3/4 and for high quility programs such as animie/manga level illustrator cs3/4, also I make some pretty good images (give me an idea of what you want and i could send you some free of charge just email me;

Ah yes, the problem of any web design person

I have bookmarked a few stock photo URLs. Hope some of these would be of great help to you.

- stockxching

- everystockphoto

- imagebase

- morguefile

- openphoto

- stockvault

The second one is nice and new to me, though many photos are under attribution-requirement license - makes it less useable..

Just go to google.com or yahoo.com and search there photo , I hope that you can find photo

imagebank is quite good. I use this site

Quote Originally Posted by brandseo View Post
    Just go to google.com or yahoo.com and search there photo , I hope that you can find photo
    Personally, I don't think that is a good idea.
    You never know where a photo came from when you just do a photo search.
    Last edited by gooseflats; 23 Apr 2009 at 09:56 AM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by brandseo View Post
    This would breach the copy right of the image owner and get you in a load of trouble. This is the last thing any reputable web designer/developer would ever do.

Instead you should looking to stock photography sites. Firstly free ones like sxc.hu are a nice place to start.

If you can't find what you are looking for then pay. I personally use http://en.fotolia.com/. Its reasonably priced and to be honest, a few dollars for THE photo is a great investment.

If you do use google images then you should ask the photo owners permission before you use it.

Try searching in Free or Open domain. These photos should be entirely free and some of them are suprisingly good.

wow...those pictures are nice! thanks for the link!

elara, nice collection of sites.

[[deleted by mod :: new users aren't allowed signatures/links]]

I use BigStockPhoto as their photos are cheap, great quality, and most of all, they allow you to use their photos for templates. All they ask is that if you use the photos for another template for resale or to give away that you buy the photo again.

Very fair I think.

call a photographer

or digital vision or something depending on how much you want to spend

Photo Sizes

Well, I have been trying to post a new thread. It says I can, but when I go to the main area - it says I can't. I'm confused. Maybe the webmaster will move this email to a new thread?? and tell me how to do it in the future.?

Anyway, I am trying to find help on how to get a photo to enlarge on my Web site. I have used Photoshop Elements to size it to 40 k (as advised for web pages) but I want the picture to be large on my home page. Instead it is only about 4" square. The picture is in a frame that I have designated large enough, plus I have set the size in the html code. So where do I go to get help on this issue?

Thanks

just make sure you put a 'Copyright Blah Blah' at the bottom of the page, but only if they ask

I always use istock but you have to pay for using its images in your website. Finding genuine photos for free is really difficult.

most PC magazines actually bundle free photos with there monthly issues, so just try going for that....or ask your mates for back issues or something...I think PC Plus does it...not that sure tho!

Shameless plug as a first post, but I would like to suggest:

[deleted by mod :: new users aren't allowed links or to post shameless plugs for their own sites.]

[deleted by mod] is a new and growing FREE stock photo/clip art site with public domain, GNU, Creative Commons & custom licensed images.

I have dealt with several stock photography websites in the past but I feel that istockphotography has given the best quality to the dollar…

i just use http://images.google.com and get all what need by keywords

Hi all member,

your link are very useful for me. thanks for sharing this link.