Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Where to get photos for web design?

Google can sometimes give good picture results, depending on the searches that you make...

yes google or istock are the best

flickr is a better place to get countless pictures and if u want to use a different or a unique image than it's better if u merge 2,3 images and play right with the tool, u can have a good result.......

[Mod Edit - No signatures/advertising for non-established members.]
    Last edited by Alan; 30 Aug 2009 at 04:32 PM.

use stockxchange, those are free and it's completely legal. There's new technology where people can search for similar pictures

http://tineye.com/faq

If this technology explodes, everyone who every took copyrighted images will all get a big lawsuit. be forewarned guys, technology will be your undoing.

So are they trying to say, if I googled for an image, downloaded it, and chopped it up with photoshop to fit my needs they can track it back? I don't think so, with rendering, shading, format changes from jpg to png and so on there is no way in hell that would work.

Hey that simple on the field. You can get more collection on web. I had come across the same. Here i can suggest you something. Since you are looking for your own image, its better to go for a designer to create pictures, designs, photos, graphics and stuffs. Professional designers are available on field. You can also see something like [dele3ted by mod :: new users aren't allowed links] and more

Jami

well watch their video, it shows that they can. They've invented a technology, it's probably based off of the same technology that can do face recognition. Dude you have a lot to learn about computer technology. I graduated with a degree in computer science. people can do crazy things with artificial intelligence. You have no idea.

Actually Lab, if the jpeg photo was encoded with anything, then the data would carry on regards of how much you altered it and changed its file format. AI could be used to track this but other means can be used to. The science behind facial recognition is very impressive, and not easy to trick.
    Pete Prince2 Practitioner
    Makawak Solutions

dude you have alot to learn? Dude I wrote my first dos program in 6th grade in 1987 and won an award for it, I write t-SQL and code in asp and php, fluently. I graduated in 1995 and have over 13 years experience in the real world of c++ .net and vb and c# programming for major companies here in the northeast, so... you may have alot to learn from me my friend.
    All I'm saying is I don't see how this is possible, if I create a new JPG and copied a pic into it and heavily modified it, how can this be traceable? I'll admit not the guru in graphics as I am in development. But face recognition is a completely different beast, we're talking about encoding in a file. I'll research this on the web, if someone can explain exactly how this is possible other than "technology is there" please feel free.

That can lead to a lawsuit!
    I totally agree. I hate all the licensing. you can't just google and take whatever picture you find suit. most of them are licensed pictures. I STICK with sources which I'm sure offer free to use photos.

Actually I'm learning photography myself, it is pretty handy in many situations in which finding a proper photo is either quite time consuming or expensive.

@John Kim

for the very first time i heard bout SXC thanks for it.....to sum extent i have found it better thn flickr.....we can have many similar picture results for the required stuff but stok xchang isn't dat user frndly dat's the only fault i found there....

Cards & Games Shopping Directory | Body Arts Trade Suppliers Directory | Visual Arts Business Directory | Holidays Business Directory

Sorry I have no Knowledge about this

This is a specialized search engine for images / clip art/ photos etc. It has all the big players, (google, yahoo) and some really specialized ones all on one site....

Should save you a lot of time

Regards,

Jeff

http://searchenginez.com/images.html

There are plenty of sites where u can get royalty free stock images. I often use this one. http://sxc.hu/
    Good luck.

Where to get photos for web design?

Hi, You can visit this http://photos.com here you get photos for web design.

I like http://dreamstime.com I have used many photos and graphics from that site.

your best bet is to use a stock photo site. Code CAN in fact be embedded into an image. Malicious people embed trojans into jpegs all the time, which in turn anything can be embedded into anything...if you know how to manipulate a file...
    █| VEEROTECH.NET - Raleigh, NC Shared, Reseller & VPS Hosting
    █| High Performance *Pure SSD* CloudLinux & LiteSpeed Powered Web Hosting
    █| cPanel & WHM - Softaculous - LSCache - R1Soft - SpamExperts - Let's Encrypt
    █| Fully Managed KVM SSD VPS | ownCloud Storage Hosting | SSH/FTP Storage

My best source is google images the only problem with that is that they're not all royalty-free, but if I can't find what I need else where. Then I try to reach the artist to get permission.

Another resource for free stock photos:

http://www.webphotomart.com

You just need to pay attention to the license information listed with each image.