Thread: hotoshop and Screen shot issue.. Colors not matching!

Photoshop and Screen shot issue.. Colors not matching!

I've got a problem that i've just come across that is really starting to bug me..

Basically im on a mac, and recently i re-installed Mac OS X and photoshop CS2. I do all my web site mockups in photoshop and when i do them, i do all the text and content in Dreamweaver and then take a screen shot and edit them into my photoshop mockup.

This worked really well until I re-installed everything.. Now when I take a screen shot of the content and edit it into the photoshop mockup the background colors do not match up.

Take a look at an example:

You can see where i've pasted in the text 'Items: 2, Total: $420' and how the background of the text doesn't match...

So im wondering is this a photoshop color setting i need to fix? or something to do with my mac color settings or what? Im completely lost and its wasting time and money..

Any help would be great! thanks.

Ermm,

I kinda have the same problem, as I use Macs at college but a PC at home.

I don't know if you've noticed in the colour palette, but there is a tick box that says "Only web colours." This basically defaults colours to the nearest web safe colour, and if that is selected then that may be why your colours don't match.

Other than that I don't know.

Martin Bean