Thread: Scripting my website

Scripting my website

Hey guys I was looking around the forum and found the script I needed.
    But I dont understand a word this ****in guy is saying so if you guys can help. The scripts is so that when someone submits their info on my site, it goes too my e-mail. heres the script the guy wrote.

OK, configuration time
    #
    # In the referers array you *need* to specify all the host referer address'
    # which you want to allow the script to let through, ie from mattsscripts.co.uk,
    # I would specify ('mattsscripts.co.uk', 'www.mattsscripts.co.uk') as to make
    # sure whether somebody was on www.mattsscripts.co.uk or mattsscripts.co.uk.
    #
    # There are a variety of options the script understands, each with their own effect on the resulting
    # email or the process in general, see below. These can all be specified using an input tag within
    # your form, hidden input tags are also recognised.
    #
    # recipient = address to send the mail to (can be a comma seperated list, eg "r1@host.com,r2@host.com" etc)
    # sender = the "From: ..." (or Reply-To section of the sent email
    # subject = subject of the email
    # redirect = web page to redirect the client to after the email has been sent succesfully
    # incomplete = web page to redirect the client to if he/she has not completed the form (see below)
    # required = a comma seperated list of required values/variables, if the user does not fill all of these
    # fields in then they will be redirected to the "incomplete" config variable (see above), if
    # the "incomplete" config variable is not set then a page will be shown explaining the error.
    # An example can be seen just below of this field;
    # <input type=hidden name=required value="email,name,surname">
    # fileuploads = this option is used to handle fileuploads, within this field specify a comma seperated list
    # of the fields within your form that contain file uploads, see below for an example.
    # ---- CUT HERE ----
    # <form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="mattfm.cgi" method=post>
    # <input type=hidden name=fileuploads value="file1,file2,file3">
    # <input type=file name=file1>
    # <input type=file name=file2>
    # <input type=file name=file3>
    # <input type=submit>
    # </form>
    # ---- CUT HERE ----
    # See? its really not that hard...

# this is one of the most important variables in the script, this formats the
    # email that you receive! Variables are placed within "<" and ">" markers.
    # The variable name is placed within them and is case sensitive. POST and GET
    # variables are checked first, if they don't exist the script turns to
    # cookies, and finally environment variables.
    # A list of script defined variables is below

Ok thats not all of it but the rest is irreevant to what I want. Can anyone explain this. What do the <input type> things mean? Where in the example do i put my e-mail that will receive the info.
    Or am I suppose to put the recipient in tags like this
    <recepient=homo@hotmail.com> and do like wise to the rest of the script.
    I dont know im lost
    Last edited by Bishop101; 12 Dec 2005 at 05:28 PM.