Thread: Total Noob Please help if you can

Total Noob Please help if you can

Hi guys

just new hear and also to web site building.

Not sur eif this is in the right section or not. If not i am sorry and please change to right area.

I have got a website up and running only using the basic web page builder in microsoft publisher. I have handed this web address out on many business cards of late. Once i got too many pages for publisher to handle i switched to a program called Coolpage.

I have exported each page to html format and uplaoded to our hosting site via FTP. Our hosting site is only via our ISP.

The old page was uploaded into a folder called syi (business name kind of). This was at the end of our web address ie ....../syi

our web page would start up.

After uploading the new web page i have produced using coolpage. It requires ....../syi.html for the page to operate. Is there any way to avoid having to put the .html in the address bar at the end of syi in order to make the page run as there are a lot of people with our card and the web site will not operate properly.

Hope this makes sense and hope someone can help.

Cheers
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg_75
    It requires ....../syi.html for the page to operate. Is there any way to avoid having to put the .html in the address bar at the end of syi in order to make the page run as there are a lot of people with our card and the web site will not operate properly.
    I'm not sure I got it all right, but you should try this. Try making a folder "syi" and in that folder put "syi.html", but rename it to "index.html". It will require only ..../syi to load the page. In the end, check all links, some of them will need updating.