Thread: php and css

php and css

Hi fellows,

I have some kind of general question here. When people are programming under php, and for example they give the design of their software to a designer. The designer should design with the tables or with the divs ? i mean whats the most popular way and easy way to organize the php.

Divs or tables ?

YEah it could be great if some of you folks can tell , that'd be very kind!!!!! lol

Cheers!

Generally speaking, tables weren't designed for layout purposes. They were intended to be used only to display tabular data. Anything that can be done with tables can be done just as well by using something else, such as 'divs'.

Having said that, many people still design websites around tables. They're easy to understand and lots of people would rather continue to use them for layout.

Personally, I wouldn't use tables for layout of any website, static or dynamic. I'm not sure whether using a server-side scripting language like PHP should make any difference at all. I guess having a dynamic website with many pages that could be any length might pose a slight problem if you weren't using tables, as tables are very fluid, but still, I'd try it without using tables first.

Natalie Portman Addict