I`m hoping to use some opacity on on table background, but I seem to be running into problems. I wasn`t sure whether I should post this in the images forum as it might be the way I`m creating/saving the actual images?

Anyways, what I have is a left div container with a normal .png background that runs down the left side of my site. It`s approx 300px wide.

With this container I wanted to place a smaller table of around 200px where I`ll be adding some links. I wanted to use a different image for the table background, preferably with about a 30% opacity setting. I can`t for the life of me get this working correctly.

The main div background is there working fine, but the opaque table background image never seems to work. It`s either grey or another solid colour. I generally use PSP7 because I`m fairly comfortable with this.

If I didn`t explain that very well, here`s an example of what I mean. The darker opaque area would be the table background (href links within etc). http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61...pacityback.png

If someone has done this before, would they mind explaining how this is done? Would it be easier scrapping the table idea, and using divs/css?

I also have Photoshop 7 if that helps

Thanks.