Thread: script to interact with babelfish

script to interact with babelfish

Hello,

Im making a website which will involve having to translate some words.
    Unfortunately, babelfish's WSDL over SOAP service is no more (as far as I am aware).

Im quite new to web programming (normally Im just a regular programmer), so am unfamiliar with some of the technology availible with PHP/JS etc.
    What I think I will need to do is submit my query to babelfish via a GET method (which I am able to do), and then take the response (possibly the source of the page returned?) and regexp it for the result I want.

How would I go about doing this? Does anyone have any experience with this particular scenario and/or point me in the right direction?

Cheers
    Raymond

Ok, I found XMLHttpRequests() and am using those. Although I am having all sorts of issues with it...

Quote Originally Posted by kalium
    Hello,

Im making a website which will involve having to translate some words.
    Unfortunately, babelfish's WSDL over SOAP service is no more (as far as I am aware).

Im quite new to web programming (normally Im just a regular programmer), so am unfamiliar with some of the technology availible with PHP/JS etc.
    What I think I will need to do is submit my query to babelfish via a GET method (which I am able to do), and then take the response (possibly the source of the page returned?) and regexp it for the result I want.

How would I go about doing this? Does anyone have any experience with this particular scenario and/or point me in the right direction?

Cheers
    Raymond