Thread: Client edit basic table in browser

Unhappy Client edit basic table in browser

Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive spent endless hours trying to achieve as follows and any help would be appreciated.

I have a website I have done for a person i work for.
    They are requesting that the client who logs in to the relevant sections can edit a word document (in table form) in browser, and upload/update it there.
    I already have it so they need password to get to thier respective tables.

I know I can get them to send updated word file to me and I can upload it but thats not what is wanted.

Im not asking for step by step instructions but I want it kept very simple without paying hundreds of dollars for software to achieve this. (Word type editors as code u insert)

Firstly, can it be done in Frontpage, as that is what i am most familiar with.
    If not, can it be done in macromedia as i have that too.

Just a few keywords to get me on track would be great.
    Or a link describing this, anything.

Thankyou.

Ditch word. KISS. Use plain text. Let the user update the page in exactly the same way as you update new posts in this forum. The type into a box on the page (after loggin in), that from sends to a script that updates the database. The page is created out of the database infromation by another script each time someone views it. A little php. A little MySQL.

No frontpage can't do this.
    Yes dreamweaver can but it's clunky and really there is an easier way.

Learn just a little php and mysql. Use a text editor to write your script. We're not talking about huge amounts of code. Just the basics. Cost $0.