Thread: File management via PHP

File management via PHP

Hi all,

I am after a php thingy-me-bob to manage files on my server. I have a complete drive with programs that I have collected over the past 5 years (about 26GB worth).as you can imagine it is painful to find anything even though they are categorized. I would like to use php to be able to upload a program with a description, link to execute the program and a picture if you want it. I would also like to be able to create directories, Manage directories.

Other things I would like to include would be a search facility, Program categories.

The best way to describe it I suppose is it would closely resemble the software discs that come with magazines and the likes. As these are layed out nicely with pics and info and a link to install the program.

Is there anything out there that resembles this and/or what is this sort thing called e.g. (software repository scripts)

I am running apache, php & mysql

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dean

There's probably something like that around. Or you could pay somebody to write one for you.