• PHP

2 66.67%
  • Java

0 0%

Thread: ASP.Net, PHP or Java?

ASP.Net, PHP or Java?

Hello guys,

Just after some personal opinions here.

Which technology has the the best future prospects?

Currently I have dabbled with ASP, ASP.Net, C#, VB, Java, and Flash & ActionScript along with HTML, CSS etc. In addition to this I'm also a Graphic Designer.

The point of this is not "look at all my skills" ... in fact it's exactly the opposite. I feel like I'm getting nowhere. Gradually picking up bits of peices of everything when it's needed. I want to stop trying to be a "Jack of All Trades" and concentrate more on one web technology (while not completey ignoring the others of course). What is the best option do you guys think? Regarding the future prospects and value of that particular technology?

Thanks for you help and sorry if it's a dumb question.

.net and java are probably the best if you're looking at serious application development.

.net is being taken up rapidly and there are various .net platforms now available.
    It's got built in support for many technologies (such as xml, web services, mobile, etc) so it really is suited to enterprise class applications.

With the release of version 2.0 it is now very easy to put together applications VERY quickly using little or no code. And whilst I don't strongly support this approach it is ideal for the small business with limited developer skills/resources.