Thread: 404 error

404 error

Hi everyone,
    this is my first post to this forum, my name is sean but i prefer to go by my middle name patrick. I have a website and i am not to familiar with creating websites. I chose to make mine an E-Book store. I worked my tail off creating the index page on frontpage 2000 and uploaded everthing to my host to: public_html, by everything i mean the index page, and 5 E-Book bundles seperated in 5 seperate folders under a folder i named internet marketing/paid/final extention(s) they(on the index page have a "buy it now" button to paypal, i set the return path to http://mydomain.com/internetmarketing/paid/***.
    when i tried out the path myself i got this message:
    Not Found
    The requested URL /internetmarketing/paid/package1 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

how do i fix it? how do i get it so when the customer completes the payment they get redirected to the download page. the path that i set up gets the message above.What do i do? It's a little over my head.any ideas?
    sincerly,
    Sean"Patrick"

/internetmarketing/paid/package1 is a request for an index file within a directory called package1. You need to give the file name an extension that tells the server what knid of file (.html, .jpg, .php, etc.) it is so that it knows what to do with it.