Thread: Accessibility

Accessibility

I've been curious about various accessibility issues. I am not visually impaired nor do I have any sort of disability, but I think it's quite important to develop accessible web pages - I hope other professionals feel the same way.

Is anyone visually impaired or personally know a blind/impaired Internet user? Common complaints or frustrations? Any way to find out statistics on how many blind/impaired people are regular Internet users?

Mainly I'm just curious to hear first-hand what it's like to use the web without being able to see anything. Anyone with screen reading software have any input?

I can't answer your questions but I would draw your attention to this accessibility validator:-
    http://www.miislita.com/searchito/ac...validator.html
    All webpages should conform to accessibility standards (which are a legal responsibility for business sites though I am not sure whether private sites are covered by the law).
    Code downloaded to my PC will be deleted in due course.
    WIN7; IE9, Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Safari for Windows; screen resolution usually 1366*768.
    Also IE6 on W98 with 800*600 and IE8 on Vista 1440*900.