Thread: Portfolio Design

Portfolio Design

As part of my fourth year I have to produce an online portfolio, basically an online cv with a few projects linked in.
    Id like to make it looks as good as possible and was thinking a flash based site would do this? something sleek and stylised, however I havent got a clue where to begin, are there any good pieces of software that have good templates to follow, or any web resources? Im looking for something probably black ans silver esque with loading bars and menu's that pop out etc.
    Any advice is gratefully recieved,
    thanks.

Flash is good for portfolios, although many will argue that. Theres not much hope of google indexing, but really I dont see the problem with that in this type of site. Take two or three weeks and work your way through the Flash 8 Bible or similar title. Many of the effects you want, however, can also be accomplished using "2.0" technologies aka AJAX. Many resources are available for both. Personally, before I ever ask questions about anything I just google it - youd be surprised what youll learn.