Thread: Intel Quad Core QX6700 + Dreamweaver 8 + CuteFTP Pro Problem

Exclamation Intel Quad Core QX6700 + Dreamweaver 8 + CuteFTP Pro Problem

Ok, last week I upgraded from my single core CPU to the nice Intel Quad Core Extreme QX6700 Kentsfield. It wasn't until today that when I wanted to put up Dreamweaver 8 and my CuteFTP program for some website updating, I noticed that DW8 would not startup unless all but 1 core was disabled otherwise the system would hang and lockup. CuteFTP would not even load up reguareless if 1 or all 4 cores were running.

Previously, I was using WS FTP Pro 2006, but it is not compatable with IE7 which was the reason why I switched to CuteFTP.

I don't care if the workload is distributed over the multicores as it is just website editing, nothing fancy. I would just like to know if there is a way to just get it to run with all 4 cores active. So far, every Adobe program I have runs fine with 4 cores, it is just DW8 and CuteFTP which are finiky. I purchased it when it was under Macromedia which could be a factor.

If anyone could help me out, it would be great!

PS: I know website design doesn't need 4 cores, lol! I am also a CGI graphics artist in advance production classes at my university, hence needing the 4 cores for rendering!

Did you got a solution for this? Have you contacted intel do know why this is happening?

Are you using windows XP or vista?