Thread: how do i put an autoresponder on a web form?

Question how do i put an autoresponder on a web form?

Hi!!

I've created a form on a website which will send the results to an email address. I'd like to have an autoresponse sent to anyone who fills out the form. I'm using expression web but have coded most of it by hand. I'm pretty comfortable with html/css but am relatively clueless when it comes to making asp/asp.net work. The server we're on doesn't support php or cgi. Does anyone know how i do this?

the form is not done... but the page it's on is: http://www.everythingdrilling.com/wishlist/form.htm

Thanks much!!!
    Jaclyn

Quote Originally Posted by flutebyjaclyn
    Hi!!

I've created a form on a website which will send the results to an email address. I'd like to have an autoresponse sent to anyone who fills out the form. I'm using expression web but have coded most of it by hand. I'm pretty comfortable with html/css but am relatively clueless when it comes to making asp/asp.net work. The server we're on doesn't support php or cgi. Does anyone know how i do this?

the form is not done... but the page it's on is: http://www.everythingdrilling.com/wishlist/form.htm

Thanks much!!!
    Jaclyn
    You may be able to setup an autoresponder directly on the e-mail address that the form details are being submitted to, that would be the easiest way.

Other than that, you'd have the have the form submitting to an ASP.net page which then returns an e-mail. I'm sure if you search the internet for "sending e-mail using asp.net" there will be something out there.

If you could have used PHP I would have had no problem helping out, but I'm only just learning asp.net myself.