Thread: Best software/method to develop website spec?

good software to develop website specification?

I was going to go ahead and do it in powerpoint, one page/slide, but thought there might be a better way. Any suggestions? Generally, I want to specify the site map, the functionality contained on each page, and the access restrictions for each page. I wouldn't really be doing graphic design specifications.
    thanks in advance,
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by WebDVHR
    I was going to go ahead and do it in powerpoint, one page/slide, but thought there might be a better way. Any suggestions? Generally, I want to specify the site map, the functionality contained on each page, and the access restrictions for each page. I wouldn't really be doing graphic design specifications.
    thanks in advance,
    Alex
    Haha, since no one responded I had to solve this myself. If you're interested in the question, I can definitely recommend "Information Architecture", an O'reilly book. Excellent overview, and they have a good list of software as well as a good discussion of the design effort. Overall, MS Visio looks like the best choice, and I've downloaded it and found it pretty useful.