Okay, let's make your website work; first of all let me tell you that I am a CIW Qualified Webmaster (Designer and Developer) and have created affordable websites since 2002 without a single complaint.

Unfortuantely there are a lot of people out there who claim to be Web Designers because they have a copy of Dreamweaver (which, by the way, I don't even use..I hand-code). These people may well lead you up the garden path with their so-called 'expert tips' so I'm going to take a little time out of my day to really help you out here :

First of all DON'T add too many images or Flash to your website - you will not rank very highly in Google as Google is still too thick to correctly follow links embeded in images and Flash.
If you use images sparingly you will maximize their effect - a page full of pictures is nice on 'MySpace' but a potential customer doesn't want to sit around all day whilst your pictures download (the average person will spend 8 seconds scanning the front page of a newspaper before deciding whether they want to read it..on the web it's only 4 seconds !).

Seondly, PLAN your website BEFORE you start making it..sit back for an hour and reaaaaaaaaaallllllly think about what your target audience is after..for a Web Designer they just want to know what they're going to get, how much and what some of your previous work looks like (tip: keep images to an all-mighty minimum on your Portfolio page, that way your Portfolio loads faster and grabs attention).

Ask yourself these questions :

1. Who are my target audience ?

2. What do they want to see on my website ?

3. How can I get them to the page they want as soon as possible ?

4. Do they expect to see a 'pretty' website or should I just make a CSS super-fast loading site ?

There is a term used by Professional Web designers = "KISS" - Keep It Simple Stupid.

For more tips and articles and a 20,000 Free hits visit
www.websiteking.co.uk

I hope you enjoyed this post and that it has proven useful; there are lots of good articles like this on www.websiteking.co.uk
Tip : Sign up for our free newsletter.