Thread: Hosting Service Questions

Hosting Service Questions

Hello. I’m curious as to the options website host services usually give you. More specifically, I wish to know if a host service is willing to give me the liberty of using Ads in my website in order to gain money. For example, if I were to use the Ad Sense code from Google on my website, is that an issue for my hosting service? I know it could depend on the host service I choose; right now I’m inclined to using 1&1.com’s service.

Similar to this, I need to know how can I do business transactions using a hosting service; for example, if I wish to sell online to customers. Can someone give me an example of how this works using such a service?

To anyone who answers, thank you very much.

If you're paying for hosting, you should be able to do almost anything you want. Each host company has a terms of service which you must abide by or they can cancel your service. Usual prohibited things are spam, illegal content, sometimes adult services, and such. Read the TOS before you buy and you'll know what you can and cannot do.

Free hosts often place more restrictions on the services they provide, often including their own ads on your pages, and so don't want yours competing with them.