Thread: Please help I'm pulling my hair out

Please help I'm pulling my hair out

Hi I'm re-learning to build a site the last one I did was 5 years ago and I did them with dreamweaver, I just downloaded the 30 day trial to DWCS3 and I want to edit the logo and color scheme of my site www.meritcompanies.com

I edited the <body> background color and it shows on my DW palete but when I preview or save it is still white,

And the logo is sliced into 3 pieces and I have the new logo ready to go as a gif or jpeg, so if I just copy over it it will probably be a mess.

that part I want to change was done with javascript, so is there any way for me to change the blues to maroon, and put our new logo over the top?

I like our site I just want to change the color scheme and logo so it shouldn't be so hard but I'm going nuts.

Thanks a million times in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauler97
    Hi I'm re-learning to build a site the last one I did was 5 years ago and I did them with dreamweaver, I just downloaded the 30 day trial to DWCS3 and I want to edit the logo and color scheme of my site www.meritcompanies.com

I edited the <body> background color and it shows on my DW palete but when I preview or save it is still white,

And the logo is sliced into 3 pieces and I have the new logo ready to go as a gif or jpeg, so if I just copy over it it will probably be a mess.

that part I want to change was done with javascript, so is there any way for me to change the blues to maroon, and put our new logo over the top?

I like our site I just want to change the color scheme and logo so it shouldn't be so hard but I'm going nuts.

Thanks a million times in advance.
    You may want to try CSS for the background color.

<style type="css/text">
    <!--
    body {background: url() #YOURCOLOR;}
    -->
    </style>

I am not so sure what you mean you did with JavaScript, if you could elaborate more I could help you possibly.

Alex R