Thread: Scrolling Div

Scrolling Div

What I basically want is a marquee ... I hear the shouting already... I have a div tag with a width of about 200px and height of about 500px. I want the text to scroll up automatically, and when it gets to the top, start from the bottom again. It would be great if there wasn't a big blank space in between when the scroll starts over. I also need it to be a div because i am loading in the content from a database.

I know marquees are bad and everyone hates them. This is for a client which i am going to talk to about changing his idea. But now i am looking for this just because it seems so simple, but I cant find a single thing that will simply do it and be compliant.

I don't care how this is done (html, css, javascript,php...) it just needs to work and be compliant, and simple if possible... Can this be done?

Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Magiccupcake
    What I basically want is a marquee ... I hear the shouting already... I have a div tag with a width of about 200px and height of about 500px. I want the text to scroll up automatically, and when it gets to the top, start from the bottom again. It would be great if there wasn't a big blank space in between when the scroll starts over. I also need it to be a div because i am loading in the content from a database.

I know marquees are bad and everyone hates them. This is for a client which i am going to talk to about changing his idea. But now i am looking for this just because it seems so simple, but I cant find a single thing that will simply do it and be compliant.

I don't care how this is done (html, css, javascript,php...) it just needs to work and be compliant, and simple if possible... Can this be done?

Thanks so much.
    DynamicDrive(.com) has some great scrollers, here is a JS one that pauses at the top and then starts a new one, it can be set to keep scrolling and you contro lthe speed, pause time, whether it pauses or not, etc. And its CSS formatted so you can customize it for a DIV tag.

http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/crosstick.htm

Alex R