Thread: intellichat warning

intellichat warning

i've got to warn everyone on this forum about a site called intellichat.com and this "virtual chat agent" service they provide because it royally hosed one of the e-commerce companies I do development for. intellichat almost ruined their business

they’d been running the agent chat service on their site for a few weeks and were happy about it but then their sales started dropping and at times would completely stop, but then would be fine. i looked at everything -- server load, dns, apache logs, php code but everything seemed fine. so i set up monitors from a remote machine to page when the load time of the page. i got paged at 9 am saying it went up to 20 seconds

i went in and looked and found it was hanging on intellichat.com’s javascript call. then it mysteriously cleared up but happened again around 11. we took down the code and the site was fine, but during both of the times it was down they had practically no sales. they looked back at the “slow” periods they’d had for the past few weeks and estimated that they’d lost thousands of dollars.

worse part is the people at intellichat even charged them for the month -- after almost bankrupting them! insult to injury!

the service is down now but they’ve learned their lesson. be careful about the 3rd party javascript you allow to embed in your page and especially beware of intellichat if you are thinking of using their service. it cost the folks i develop for quite a bit. ~~~

and as part of a mini-update on intellichat: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...off0321487.htm

it looks like the intellichat.com people have been caught being shady before. and it also looks like people should do homework before putting stuff live on their site