Thread: Helps please

Helps please

Ya i'm a 14 year old with limited coding experience and knowledge. So far I was able to successfully make a working layout konscepts-dawt-com but now I need to make a wider and more ascetically pleasing..How would I go about coding a website like this

My problem is I want the news to strecth ALOT with the menu staying the same size and I want the menu if it does stretch I dont want my little design to repeat. any answers?

I assume you want it to stretch vertically.

Here are some examples of how to get a shorter column background to be the same height as another column, assuming that both are flexible in height (otherwise just give both the same fixed height).

See item 16 here:-
    http://www.wickham43.supanet.com/tut...ackground.html

The background image needs background-repeat: no-repeat so that it doesn't repeat but then you also need a background-color to fill any space below the background-image if the div height is greater.

<div style="background-image: url(image.jpg); background-color: #123456; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: fixed;>Menu div</div>

which can be shortened to:-

<div style="background: url(image.jpg) #123456 no-repeat fixed;>Menu div</div>

Repeat both div codes for the lower pair of Affiliates and Latest Posts.
    Code downloaded to my PC will be deleted in due course.
    WIN7; IE9, Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Safari for Windows; screen resolution usually 1366*768.
    Also IE6 on W98 with 800*600 and IE8 on Vista 1440*900.