Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Moderators

Looking for Moderators

We don't really need any more moderators at WDF right now, but I'd still like to build up a team anyway just so we can throw around some ideas and have a core group of people who are actively working towards making WDF a better place.

I'm usually against these types of posts because of the i***ux of people who reply saying "ooo make me a mod" and they have 4 posts. However, recently I've noticed quite a few regulars on the board and I do think there could be some potential mods here.

Hopefully, I've sorted out the spam problem now so that most spam doesn't even appear on the boards, but is put into a queue to be looked at by mods, so deleting spam on the boards won't neccasrily be the main job of a moderator here.

Here's a list of a few things we'd like you to do as a modertor:
    • Check the moderation queue and approve/deny posts
    • Help to grow the community
    • Suggest ideas on how we could do things better
    • Help users on the forums

That's the general idea and I'm sure most of you know what being a moderator involves.

Now... we're looking for people who have more then 50 posts and who have proven themselves to be helpful and a general good sport on the forums.

Read this next line carefully....

If you do not have more than 50 posts, do not ask to become a moderator

I know that I'm going to get people doing it anyway, at least no one can fault me for trying. Alternatively you can PM me about it or if you want more information etc.

How many MODs are there>?

Quote Originally Posted by thewebsquad View Post
    How many MODs are there>?
    4 last time I checked.

Are you still after a Mod?
    No problem if your not. Im still going to be here anyway.

Just annoys me when I see people spamming the forum with stuff that isn't their work.
    Last edited by <CrGeary.com/>; 17 Apr 2010 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Spelling Mistake

Quote Originally Posted by <CrGeary.com/> View Post
    Are you still after a Mod?
    No problem if your not. Im still going to be here anyway.

Just annoys me when I see people spamming the forum with stuff that isn't their work.
    Sent you a private message.
    Last edited by David Bowley; 18 Apr 2010 at 08:44 AM. Reason: spazzy spelling

I would love to be a mod for WDF. If you don't need any right now, that's ok, I'll be around anyways. I originally signed up because I needed help with something, but I have always enjoyed helping others on forums. I am on often enough, though, I haven't passed that 14 day period of restrictions, so I can't post in the website critique section etc.

Just let me know!

-Asperon

Hi Asperon, if you stick around then just maybe. PM me in a month or 2 if you're still around.

Alright, sounds good. I figured that I needed to be around longer before I could be a moderator.
    "The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance."

I guess Ill do the same as Asperon if its alright with you David. I think I'll be sticking around here. Ive been learning new things on here, and I think I can help other people on here as well.

datatech Guest

Hello

Hey Friends,

I am new with this forum can you please guide me about it..

Thanks.

crish Guest
    Which type of guide you want dear?

Quote Originally Posted by datatech View Post
    Hey Friends,

I am new with this forum can you please guide me about it..

Thanks.
    Step 1: Have a question, query or something you would like to discus.
    Step 2: Post Question in CORRECT forum.
    Step 3: Wait for reponses and respond accordingly.

I too interested same Asperon though I'm some week English. But what I know, hope enough and wish help others. Thanks

WebsiteHelp Guest
    Hi Everyone, I am completely new to this forum and just learning the ropes. So I apologize if this post is located in the wrong place. However, I specialize in the development and design of Microsoft Office Live websites. I just helped a client with a webstarts website and need to know why his view of his website looks way different then my view. We are both using Mozilla Firefox browser and he is always claiming that the websites that I edit are all overlapping and distorted....Text unreadable ect...Can anyone take some time to help or give advice? I will wait for a response before including the url to the website because of the rule of no advertising. I highly appreciate any expert advice.

I've been a member since 2007, I normally stay rather busy with my normal work schedule / routine, however, if you guys need a little extra help occasionally I would be interested in moderating a little part time / as my schedule permits. I couldn't really make any solid commitments as to a scheduled shift here or anything, But figured I would offer at least a little help since I've been around a while and have grown attached to the place

If you're still looking for mods, I'll throw my hat into the ring. I've been around a while, and tend to lurk more than I post. I think this site is an outstanding resource and would love to be a part of its continued development.
    Last edited by Cancerkitty; 05 Nov 2010 at 06:41 AM.

Me too, I keep seeing spam on the forums and also a lot of wrongly located threads ie. posted in the wrong topic.

I've solved a few problems already but amd enjoying helping people again. However you probs wont want me as I've only just turned into an established member :S lol.
    If ever in doubt about a threads purpose report it and let webdev mods or admins be the judge. If we don't know we can't help.
    "Coffee is the saviour of mankind!"
    Web Design Wiltshire
    My Blog

Since I am new to the forum and have few posts. I will come back later

Just a question, how many mods does this forum actualy have atm?

Quote Originally Posted by MM-TrueVZ View Post
    Just a question, how many mods does this forum actualy have atm?
    You can find the list of staff members here: http://www.webdevforums.com/showgroups.php

It appears there are 6 mod accounts and 4 Admin accounts (Total staff members = 10). Hope that helps