Thread: Newbie Angelique Intro

Newbie Angelique Intro

Hey Everyone

This post is long overdue. I have been trying to learn code and web design on my own for awhile now. I have used programs like Hot Metal a few years back, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and a free program called Evrsoft First Page. I like Dreamweaver the best, but can NEVER get the menus that I make in Fireworks to display properly on preview in browser after putting them into Dreamweaver. I have a lot to learn, so will probably ask lots of questions until I understand.

I have caught on to quite a bit, but I am still not comfortable. I have started my project numerous times, but have had snags that ultimately end up as learning curves (which is good) but I am really not getting anywhere.

To start, I would like to design a simple informational website with mostly text, links and downloadable files on the pages. However, I am currently working on the navigation for the site and having some issues.

I would like for my homepage to have a central image map where users can either take one route or the other into the site (one part of image will link to the main area about "porphyrins" and the other part of the image will link to the main area about the diseases "porphyrias". I would also like for the image map to have rollover attributes when the user hovers over the hotspot.

I have fooled around with some javascript code, but no luck getting an image map to work with rollovers (I am certainly no expert, but sometimes I do get results

None of these are really questions, but more like an intro of what I will be nosing around about I will be more detailed if I ask a question

Well, that about sums up what I am doing I look forward to learning as much as possible and sifting through the archives for helpful posts

Take care everyone!

Ang

hey whats happening. Welcome.