Thread: IE7 issue? Or server issue? Or javascript? Very odd!

db777 Guest

IE7 issue? Or server issue? Or javascript? Very odd!

Ok... very strange situation here.

I've got a site using a lightbox script (Fancybox - jquery). I've got an EXACT copy of the site in two places: the primary web site as well as on my testing server.

The weird part:
    ONLY when using IE7 and ONLY on the primary site, I get a wear background colour issue where the lightbox background for inline content is inconsistent. I'm completely stumped... server-side scripting shouldn't be remotely involved in the lightbox. It's all javascript and CSS and calls a flat html file in a different directory. Pretty simple.

Here's the example -- again, it only appears in IE7. FireFox/IE8/IE6 all work:

Primary site: www.derekandnicholle.ca (go to the "Visitors" tab and click on the first link).
    Testing site: www.numberedcorporation.com/test (same place)

If it wasn't for the fact that it works on one server but not the other, I would assume a CSS issue. But seeing as all the coding is browser-based, I am COMPLETELY stumped as to why there is a difference between the two pages.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

db777 Guest
    Well, I figured out a workaround by putting all the inline content into iframes. Not ideal, but I can't be bothered to find out what is causing it. Still, I am really stumped how the same browser can be displaying an exact copy of the content one way on one server, and differently on another. Never seen it before and it certainly seems contrary to everything I know about client-side scripting.

Oh well.