Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and to more advanced web design than just HTML. I hope I put this in the right catagory.

Anyway...

I have a small page on a site I host that I use at my "home page." It uses frames so that I can keep links handy, as well as little notes and other reminders. I do it like this so that no matter where I go, even on another machine, I can just access my home page, and see my information.

What I want to be able to do is add links, notes, reminders, etc directly from the browser window, to the page, and it be saved on the server for the next time I access it. Until now I have been editing the code and uploading it whenever I need changes.

I have very little knowledge of any server side scripting, so I really have no idea where to start. My main concerns are ease of use (my girlfriend wants a similar page, but has no coding knowledge at all) and of course security. Compatability is also a minor concern.

Could someone help me along into the right direction? I did many different searches, but I just don't think I knew the proper terms to use.

I hope this makes sense to everybody, and that I don't sound like a complete idiot.

I'll state again that I don't really have much to go off of, so any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hank