Thread: Affecting 2 Frames from another Frame on Separate Page... please help

Exclamation Affecting 2 Frames from another Frame on Separate Page... please help

Hi and thanks for reading.

My website is http://www.semiotically.com/

There are 3 frames: 2 within the index file and another on separate page. I want the latter one to be able to load separate content within the former 2 by users clicking single link etc.

At the right-hand side of the page is a 'menu' with: environment; possessions; perspectives; hair. When clicked they load images in an external IFrame page just right of the menu. These individual images once clicked load pages (sometimes my own/ mostly external) within the main centre frame (typically there are a couple of exceptions that load new tabs). Please try this if you wish to be sure.

So at the moment the third frame loads content solely in the 1st frame of the index page and not in the 2nd additional (small) frame underneath.

I need to create a javascript that as well as opening the main centre frame, also can affect the IFrame directly beneath the centre frame: i.e. affect 2 frames simultaneously. At the moment this is causing diffulties as the side-menu loads separate IFrame pages to the index meaning Framesets are currently inviable. I could contain images in individual frames that all are contained within the index page (like other 2 frames) allowing use of Framesets, though this would entail many frames and perhaps a more elegant code is available for the current setup.

I think this might be quite simple to answer once readers understand the issue at hand, so please request additional info if you think it can help, I'll respond quick as lightning

Thank you,

Sem White.

Hi the file is: ascroll.js

It's pretty much a CPU issue the scrolling, I've tested on various family machines and the result correlates to this.

I will create Images that link to the Iframes, instead of keeping them open continuously (some will remain).

I might consider slowing the scrolling too once I've finished the other. I will amiss the background images as I prefer the functionality.

I downloaded Safari and it works like Opera, Firefox and IE, so maybe it was still loading the JS.

I've taken a lot of stick on the use of Iframes, it seems there is also support:

- http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...fm/605736.html
    - http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18597

It's still ongoing so I'm not concerned yet with the parsing as long as I can still get results I am looking for across the browsers I am testing for.

Thanks guys.