Thread: please look at my site and give me advice

Cool please look at my site and give me advice

Hi, everyone! My main site is at http://tvmegasite.net
    Yes, I know it's ugly. I didn't design it, but it was way better than what I could do myself.

Anyway, I am working on a new design at
    http://tvmegasite.net/test/newdesign...mpnewpage5.htm

Please take a look if you can. Let me know your thoughts, kindly, if you can, and any suggestions. You might want to take a look at our current site to contrast it. I am looking to make it simpler, and easier to navigate. I haven't had much luck finding a menu that is easy for me to put in that is not difficult to figure out, works on all platforms, loads fast, etc. so that's why I went back to a text menu.

Don't tell me the ads suck because I know it. Fair warning, turn on your ad blockers. I have to have ads to pay for the hosting. It's a huge site, very popular, I get a good deal, please don't send me emails offering to host it for me! I am happy where I am.

I spent the last two days working on the pics to put in....

I got the new logo from logotournament.com so I built the rest of the colors around that.

My site runs on volunteers, so if you want to help out, please let me know!

We use Frontpage. I don't know which version the server has. I use 2003. I have other volunteers who might use different versions or Expression Web. Please don't tell me how much you hate Frontpage as I don't intend to switch unless we move to a CMS.

I was thinking of switching to a CMS, but I am not so sure...I would really miss Frontpage and how helpful it is, especially on a huge site like mine. Plus I'm really lazy about learning new software. My webhost installed Drupal and Webgui test sections for me to learn on, but they are over my head (or would take too much time for me to learn). I am not a programmer, developer or designer (more of a writer).

Thanks!

Suzanne Lanoue

Hi Suzanne,

Your web homepage is not covering the hole page at a standard way in view of 1024x768 pixels. The Google AdSense units are already pushed to the far right corner and there you might not expect any clicks.

Try using from among the ready made and browser standard free CSS templates which are offered in hundreds of numbers online.