Thread: Navigation menus tutorial

Post Navigation menus tutorial

Hi,

My name is Ashwin. I want to be a web designer/developer. I know XHTML and CSS completely and now confident about designing any kind of layout. But now stuck in creating navigation menus(javascript part). I know some javascript also.

I want to learn to create the below navigation menus-
    1. Combo menu (Select boxes and message is displayed just below for each selected option).
    2. Accordian menus.
    3. Tabbed menus (Tabbed menu with each tab hovered or selected a message or menus displayed horizontally in the below row.)
    4. Dropdown menu (Horizontal tabbed menu, when each tab hovered or clicked a vertical dropdown is displayed.)
    5. All levels navigational menus.
    6. Chained select menu.
    7. Drilled down menus.
    8. Tree menus.

I need a step by step tutorial on each of these. If you guys know any link or helps please let me know that. I wanna learn these things in at the most five days. I have to face interviews shortly.

I am searching for javascripts on internet for the last couple of days but cannot find tutorials(step by step).

Thanks.

I would check out "Simplythebest" either DHTML or JavaScript. They will have scripts for the menu's you require which you can then take and learn how it was done.
    Pete Prince2 Practitioner
    Makawak Solutions